Monday, October 2, 2017

September 26th-October 2nd, 2017



This week was full of exchanges and finding new people to teach! We
had exchanges with Hermana Pickett and Hermana McKeown and a few days
later with Hermana Stilson and Hermana Clark.

Okay. There's a few cool people I want to tell you all about.

Christian. He's a guy I met with Hermana Pickett on exchanges. We
offered to give him a tour of the church and we met up on Thursday to
do that! The tour went really well and we had a good talk about his
beliefs and the message that we share as missionaries.

A week ago we received a referral of a lady named Estella. I talked
about her last week. She's a woman from Colombia who lets anyone
talking about God into her house. She loved our first visit but when
we went back, she started out by saying that she loved our visit but
she never tends people back again. She was about to say goodbye and
send us on our way when we began to testify to her. After that we sat
there talking with her for twenty more minutes by the end she was
saying, "I don't know what is different about you two, but I feel so
good! You need to come back!" Yesterday we visited her for the third
time, which in her words is completely unheard of for her. She always
talks about the good feeling she gets when we walk in the door and the
absence of something when we leave. I know that that something is the
Spirit. :)

By far one of the most bizarre lessons I've been in. Armando is a guy
the elders contacted a few weeks ago. They passed his number to us and
we set up a time to meet. He shows up 40 minutes late and is wearing a
suit and is walking a little white dog. We walk to a little park since
we don't have a lot of time and when we sit down on a dirty bench in a
dimly lit park with kids running around he says, "uhh don't you know
who I am?" Uhhhh Armando? "No, I'm Armando Robles and I have my own
talk show every Thursday night at 7." Surprised that we don't
recognize him (HA. we don't even watch tv!), he pulls out his phone
and pulls up a news page with his face plastered on it. First he
starts talking about how much he loves Donald Trump and how two weeks
after he was elected he spoke to him on the phone. We were ready to
get out of there... but then the lesson took a turn. He talked about
how impressed he is with how good the youth are and how many good
things the Church does. He tells us that he wants to hear what we're
all about and what are beliefs are that make us good, charitable
people. We taught him about he Book of Mormon and he's eager to start
reading it. He told us several times that there's something missing in
his life that money, fame and success just doesn't seem to fill. I
know that that hole can only be filled with the love of God and
obedience to the commandments. We're excited to keep teaching him! He
offered to let us come on the show but I don't think that'll he
happening... hahaha.

General Conference was awesome! I haven't watched all the sessions yet
but I have received so much revelation for myself, my life and the
missionary work in this area. God has been really good to us this past
week. We've been contacting a lot and God has been leading us to find
people who are ready to listen!

Today we spent Pday downtown buying souvenirs for Hermana Gentry to
take home. I couldn't feel happier to be a missionary. I love my
companion, I love this area, and I love my calling.

I love you all!

Love, Hermana Moore

Exchanges with Hermana McKeown and Hermana Pickett
 Hermana Stilson and Hermana Clark
Málaga streets. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment