Monday, October 16, 2017

October 10th-October 16th, 2017

Helloooo! This week was week six of the transfer which means that Hermana Gentry said a lot of good byes. This week we had a long, full week packed of tender mercies form the Lord. A lot of our lessons fell through and so when we got to teach a lesson, we were really grateful for it! I couldn’t ask for a better companion to help me through this week. We focused on gratitude this week and by doing so, we truly saw the Lord’s hand more frequently in the work. We were able to begin teaching two investigators again who had fallen away a little bit. We have a renewed sense of hope with both of them.

We used to be teaching Nadia, a young woman who lives with a member family. But then she started working a LOT and stopped being able to meet. But this week when we went to eat with the family, we were able to teach her! Now she changed jobs and can meet more frequently. She has a sincere desire to know if this church is true and she already has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon! 

We also were able to meet with Estella again. She’s the Colombian woman I talked about a few weeks ago. We taught her a good Restoration lesson and I think we’ll be able to keep teaching her more frequently now.

At the end of my time with Hermana Gentry in Granada, I wrote President Andersen in my letter to him the following:

“Even though I know that God may have different plans for me and I know that you and He both know that I will happily and willingly serve where you need me, but if my wishes could be added in, I really want another transfer here in Granada! I'm sure you get this all the time and I'm sure you've explained this a million times to missionaries writing you the very same thing I am writing you, but I love these people so much and I love my dear companion Hermana Gentry. But God knows best and I will go where the Lord needs me to go.”

I am so grateful for this other transfer to be with Hermana Gentry. God really does give us what we want when it’s possible. :) We have both improved a lot and it has been such a blessing to serve with her again. She’s headed home on Thursday morning but I’ll see her at BYU in January! 

My new companion is..... HERMANA TORJESEN! She’s from Norway and she’s one of the sweetest people to ever live.

I love you all! Have a great week!!
Love, Hermana Moore


 Hermana Gentry. ❤️ 

Hermana Gentry said a lot of goodbyes this week. :(


With some of the best elders, Elder Medina and Elder Rogers. 

Eating out at 100 Montaditos (100 baby sandwiches).

No comments:

Post a Comment