Monday, October 23, 2017

October 17th-October 22nd, 2017

It has been QUITE the week around here! It’s been transfer week and with Hermana Gentry heading home (she’s home now!), we had a few days of craziness. On Tuesday we got to help out with the orientation of the new missionaries! I got to go with Herman Andersen and pick up a couple missionaries from the airport and then meet back up with the rest of the trainees at the mission home. We spoke for a while and welcomed them to the mission. It was fun to remember being there with my trainer, Hermana DeBoard. It seems like such a long time ago.

On Wednesday Hermana Gentry finished up her packing and I went to send her off on a train. I spent some time at the station with other missionaries until Hermana Torjesen, my new companion arrived!! That night we had english class and the ward family home evening and finished off with a bit of contacting. I’m excited for this transfer with her! We’re going to see a lot of miracles together.

On Thursday we did weekly planning and then that afternoon we had a few lessons and had a lot of time to contact. On Friday we ended up meeting six people who want to learn more and it was awesome! It was 10:13 and we had two more minutes until we went in. We got the feeling that we needed to go back to a bigger street and contact the first person we ran into. We followed that impression and walked on that street for several minutes until we saw the first person walking towards us. Then we met Paloma! She’s 18, plays the alto saxophone and is interested in learning more! God is so, so good to us. I am grateful for the Holy Ghost and the opportunity we have to follow the will of God by listening to the impressions we receive.

My testimony of prayer and studying to find answers had been strengthened this week. Lately, I have been struggling with a few things and so I got down on my knees and asked God what I needed to do. Then, I started studying in the scriptures and other resources and found my answer, clear as day. God is aware of me and I know that He is aware of you as well.

I love you all! Have a great week!


*****My next pday will be this Saturday (October 28th) since the following week will be full of conferences and mission council. So I’ll email again in just a few days!

Love, Hermana Moore 

The view from the mission home.
 















Hermana Torjesen and I. 
❤️ 




 Málaga at night 

No comments:

Post a Comment