Saturday, October 28, 2017

October 22nd-October 28th, 2017

Hola amiguitos!

It’s preparation day again around here since next week will be pretty busy as we go to the three zone conferences in Málaga, Sevilla and Alicante and have the mission council meeting. So that’s why I’m emailing today. Next pday will be November 6th. 

Here’s a quick rundown of the last few days. Hermana Torjesen and I have been running around like CRAZY, but we’ve been having a lot of fun doing it. 

On Tuesday we had district meeting, planned zone conference and had a really good lesson with our investigator Nadia. She has been studying the Bible and the Book of Mormon and is working on finding her answers. I bear testimony of the prophetic promise extended by President Monson that as we read the Book of Mormon every day, “we will be in a position to hear the voice of the Spirit, to resist temptation, to overcome doubt and fear, and to receive heaven’s help in our lives.” I have seen this help from heaven in my life and continue to see it as I put my trust in Christ.

From Wednesday to Friday we had exchanges with Hermana Pickett and Hermana Solórzano and then with Hermana Clark and Hermana Villegas. I had a good time working with those hermanas. We taught some lessons and got to meet a lot of people and talk to them about this gospel. We met a lot of teenagers who are interested in learning more! One of them, a 13 year old named Nuria, was so happy to talk with us and when we gave her a Book of Mormon, she got really quiet and a peace came over her. We testified about Christ and left her Alma 7 to read at home. She thanked us and said she’d read it right when she got home!

This week we also made a lot of banana bread, organized a Halloween activity and made 183 cookies with frosting. Friday night we had a 4 ward Halloween activity and it turned out well! We played carnival games, ate and had a nice time together. 

And today we took a really fun trip tooooo GIBRALTAR! It’s a British (yes, British 🇬🇧) city on the very southern tip of Spain. We explored some cool caves, took pictures with monkeys, walked though impressive tunnel systems from World War 2 and climbed a whole bunch of stairs. I sure am grateful to be here in Spain and be able to do fun things like this as well as serve the Lord!

I’ve got some better Gibraltar pictures on my camera so I’ll send those home next week.

This morning Hermana Torjesen I were walking and we had this conversation:

Hermana Torjesen: Do you see that plane, Hermana?
Me: Yeah.
Her: How far away is that plane?
Me: Well... it looks pretty close!
Her: I would say it’s about 4 weeks away!

It’s true, folks. We’re almost at the one month left mark. But, no worries, the Lord has still got lots of work for me to do here in Spain! I love you all, thanks to those of you who still read about my week!

Love, Hermana Moore

Hermana Clark and Hermana Villegas! 

Our cookies!






















Monkeys!






Lunch on the go! Elder Medina, Elder Köhler, Elder Jamison and Elder Gentry, Hermana Torjesen and I. 


No comments:

Post a Comment