Monday, September 11, 2017

September 5th-September 11th, 2017

Hello from Málaga! It's been a good week of adjusting and I already
love it here. Here's a quick rundown of the week!

Last Tuesday was a day of goodbyes. Fernanda, a member made us
breakfast and Tuesday night I taught my last English class in Alicante
and went to the last ward family home evening. Alicante sure has FHE
figured out. We had quite the crowd and I got to say goodbye to a lot
of my favorite people.

Wednesday was transfer day and after saying good bye to Hermana Bailey
and an 8 hour bus ride, I was in Málaga! Hermana Gentry and I hit the
ground running. On Wednesday night we taught a small English class and
the ward FHE too. On Thursday during weekly planning I got to learn
more about the people we're teaching here and where they're at with
the lessons. Thursday night I met a recent convert named Felix and
then later taught Nadia. She is an investigator and we set a baptismal
date with her for the 7th of October! She is young and she is really
excited to continue learning and be baptized! There are a few other
people who want to be baptized but we need to rethink their dates to
be baptized. Teaching Nadia was such a blessing because she is so
eager to know more. She had studied the pamphlets the other Hermanas
had given her and she had specific questions about what she had read.

On Friday we visited with Samia, an Argentinian less active member and
then studied. After lunch we headed over to the church for mission
council! It was fun to see a lot of other missionaries and we had a
really good meeting! We talked a lot about the miracles we are seeing
as a mission and about how to focus our studies on the needs of the
people we teach. It was a spiritually edifying meeting and afterwards,
we had a sleepover at our apartment! Hermana Clark, Stilson, Twede and
Bailey all stayed over for the night and it was a fun night.

Yesterday was my first Sunday in Málaga and it was interesting. It's
always a bit chaotic meeting everyone but still trying to be helpful.
But there are a lot of great people here. I'm excited to work with
them and get to know them bigger. Hermana Gentry and I made savory
crepes for lunch and then got to the church to set up for a youth
activity. Hermana Gentry and her old companion, Hermana Burt planned
an INCREDIBLE youth activity to get them excited about missionary
work. It went really well and we had a good turnout. We did some
activities, a question and answer session with their questions for
preparing to serve a mission and had President and Hermana Andersen
speak.

And now it's p-day. A day of rest before this next busy week! Elder
Holland is going to visit us and I get to listen to him at the mission
meeting in the morning and at the general session for regular members!
I'm pumped!

This week I've gained a stronger testimony about the Book of Mormon.
Every single page testifies of Jesus Christ and our loving Heavenly
Father. I love that book and I know it is the word of God. I know that
we can find the answers we are looking for. :)

I love you all!
Hermana Moore

Hermana Bailey is a rockstar and I'm going to miss being her companion!

The activity!
We were in charge of the photo booth! 

No comments:

Post a Comment