Monday, July 3, 2017

June 27th-July 3rd, 2017 🇺🇸🎉🎆🎇


 Well you might all be wondering... what do six Americans, a Canadian
and a Swede do to celebrate the 4th of July in Spain? You buy a bunch
of food and have a water balloon fight! So that's what we've been up
to today. Hermana Simpson and I made a budget, had everyone pitch in,
planned games, planned out the food and went shopping to have a fun
pday today! It's been a good day. :)

It was also a good week here in Alicante, Spain! Here's what happened!

On Tuesday we had district meeting in the morning and then in the
afternoon we had exchanges with Hermana Lopez and Hermana Swartzberg.
I got to work with Herman Swartzberg for the afternoon and she is the
cutest! She's from western Canada and we got to contact a bit, teach
English class and go tot he ward family home evening. I love the
Alicante ward so much.

On Wednesday morning we had a meeting with the zone leaders and the
all our zone's district leaders. We set some goals for baptisms this
month and we discussed how we can work with the members better. After
lunch on Wednesday I got on a bus with Hermana Lopez and we headed to
Málaga for residency. I was there in Malaga to pick up my new ID card
and I got to hang out with Hermana George (shoutoutttt), Hermana Lopez
and Hermana Mercado. I got back to Alicante on Friday and I was so
happy to be back in my own area and sleeping in my own bed. :)

Saturday turned out to be a very eventful day! We went to the church
in the morning and played fútbol with the elders and some members and
non-members. Sandra (the lady who has been coming to English class
with her two kids) also came and her son played too. I'm still pretty
awful at soccer and I regret not playing in high school. But it was
nice to run around. Right as we were about to leave, big storm clouds
set in and it started pouring! We couldn't just wait it out so we just
walked home in the rain. :) The streets started to flood and everyone
was staring at us like we were crazy.

Saturday afternoon we had a lesson with Rocio. She's a 50 year old
woman and a member invited her to church a few weeks ago. We taught
her the Restoration and it was such a good lesson! The Spirit guided
the lesson and she loved every second. When we gave her a Book of
Mormon and invited her to read the introduction at home, she picked it
up, opened it eagerly and began to read out loud the entire page. It
was awesome. :) She's excited to continue meeting with us.

On Saturday night we were contacted by a parrot.

Well, I suppose I should explain. Hermana Simpson and I were just
making our way down town and contacting when we walked by an open
garage door where a family was having a cookout. They had their pet
parrot in its cage out on the sidewalk and as we passed by it says
"holaaaa" and blew us kisses! We looked at each other and went back to
talk to him. The parrot was named Martin and we talked to his owner
too. It's too bad his owner wasn't interested.

This Sunday was fast Sunday and we fasted as a mission so that we can
achieve our goal of 22 baptisms as a mission in the month of July. The
Lord has a lot of miracles planned and is more than happy to bless us
as we sacrifice to do His will. It was a hard and long 24 hours to
fast but I know it'll bring blessings and miracles.

Oh oh ohhhh! I have the most exciting news! ELDER HOLLAND IS COMING TO
SPEAK TO MY MISSIONNNNNN!!! On September 16th, the entire mission is
going to meet in Málaga and we get to listen to him for 3 hours!! I am
beyond excited!

I think that's about all I have to share with you for this week. I'll
talk to you all next week! Love you all!

Love, Hermana Moore

Americannnnss. :) Hot dogs, watermelon, chips and brownies. 

 Before our water fight!
Back home after our rainy adventure.
 Hermanas Swartzberg and Lopez, Elders Wilson, Sant, Hirst and Kärn, and Hermana Simpson and I.
Hermana Simpson and I. ❤️ 

No comments:

Post a Comment