Monday, July 17, 2017

July 11th-July 17th, 2017--"That was really special."

Holaaa!

This week has been pretty stressful and crazy but everything turned
out! Here's what happened!

On Tuesday morning Hermana Simpson and I hit the ground running and
contacting. We met a really cool guy from Algeria who we had a good
conversation with but he was only here on vacation. He spoke 5
languages and was just trying to "find himself". That's one of the
coolest parts of the mission for me: getting to know people I wouldn't
have gotten to know. Tuesday night we had correlation, English classes
and the ward family home evening and Elder Hansen came back to visit
with his family and brought us all peanut butter! So that was fun!
This week we're going to make peanut butter kiss cookies. :)

Wednesday morning we planned for the last full week of the transfer!
We had a pretty normal day and got to help out with choir practice and
Hermana Dos Santos and Hermana Stilson came at night for exchanges.

Thursday morning Hermana Dos Santos and I taught a new investigator
named Brian. He's about 25 and he's got a lot of interest in learning
more! He has a lot of sincere questions and I'm excited to keep
teaching him! Hermana Stilson and I had kind of a crazy afternoon. A
few lessons fell through and so we contacted for a bit. We contacted a
guy and he said, "oh! I want to talk to you! I just need to run this
bag of groceries home and then I'll be right back! Then he took of in
a dead sprint down the street." We waited for 10 minutes and he never
came back! It was he weirdest thing! And while we were waiting, a
Jehovah's Witness came and talked to us for half and hour. I've never
had a person literally run away from talking to us. Ha! After that WE
took of running for another lesson.

On Friday we had tri- zone conference with the zones of Alicante,
Murcia and Cartagena. Elder Kärn, Elder Hirst, Hermana Simpson and I
gave a spoke about working with members. We had some crowd
participation and had a few missionaries come up and try to draw what
Elder Kärn was describing. But, he was speaking in Swedish and so then
we talked about how we need to be on the same page as members to work
well. :) The rest of conference was great and I've got some more
things to work on to improve. Always getting better.

Saturday was the DAY! And by day I mean the day Mustapha got
baptized!!  Hermana Simpson and I ran around like crazy printing out
the programs, cleaning, setting up, making brownies, etc. to get
everything ready. At 7 o'clock Mustapha, Hermana Simpson and I, the
other missionaries and a few members were sitting in the chapel
singing the hymn "I Believe in Christ". We asked a few members to
prepare talks and they did them in English so Mustapha could
understand better. Mustapha was baptized and has been confirmed a
member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints! As he came
out of the baptismal font he said, "That was really special."  I am so
grateful to know him and help him on his way back to His loving
Heavenly Father.

I love being a missionary. :) I love introducing people to this
restored gospel of Jesus Christ. As we apply His teachings and make
changes to put our lives in harmony with God's will, He pours down
blessings upon us.

I love you all! Have a fantastic week!




 Mustapha!
 Uh oh. She's down a week an a half as a missionary! My dear Hermana Simpson.
Yes, yes. For those who are wondering, Hermana Simpson was indeed wearing my skirt for the baptism.

No comments:

Post a Comment