Monday, June 26, 2017

June 20th-June 26th, 2017


Well, here we are on p-day again! Thanks to the select few of you who read my whole email last week. That was doozy. This week's won't be nearly as long. :p Mostly because I'm not on a bus.

This week was a little bit of a crazy week! Last Monday and Tuesday we had mission council where I learned a lot about how I can be a better, more efficient missionary and how I can help others do the same. Our focuses were working with members and always talking about the baptism in the context of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

On Tuesday night we had exchanges with Hermana Taggart and Hermana Burt. I got to work with the lovely Hermana Taggart and we had some good lessons together. We all went and did service at a soup kitchen on Wednesday morning and then Hermana Simpson and I were back on the bus headed towards Alicante. We got back late and it was nice to finally be home.

On Thursday we had weekly planning and then in the afternoon we finally got a couple of lessons in in our own area.

Because of Las Hogueras (the festival here where they build paper mache statues and burn them) we got to go home at 9pm instead of 10:15 on Friday and Saturday because Alicante transformed itself into a giant piromatic nightclub. We slept with ear plugs in and did our best to block out the music and the firecrackers. Hermana Simpson and I had some good bonding time and on Saturday we made cinnamon rolls!

We met with JeanJarbi and we decided we are going to wait a couple more weeks until his baptism so he feels more prepared. Mustapha is still progressing incredibly well!

Well, that's about all I've got for you today. I am so grateful to be a missionary of the Lord. Nothing makes me happier than sharing this restored gospel that has changed my life. There is nothing more important I could be doing with my life than what I am doing now. Both for the people I get to meet and for myself. What a blessing it is to be here becoming the person God needs me to be!

Love, Hermana Moore

The group. :)


 The Hermanas.

Denis, our incredible ward mission leader gave us fans last week!
One of the many, many statues up for Las Hogueras. 
Cinnamon rolllsss!

Isn't Hermana Simpson so cute?


No comments:

Post a Comment