Monday, June 12, 2017

June 6th-June 12th, 2017

Well this week has just been all around fantastic so I'll get right to
it! Oh, and transfers are this week but HERMANA SIMPSON AND I ARE
STAYING TOGETHER! Yay! We knew it, but I'm still so happy about it.

First of all, on Monday night we were waiting for a guy to meet us for
a lesson (but he failed us). While we sat there waiting and Hermana
Simpson was calling a few people a lady walked up. I still don't know
all of the members so I assumed she was a member because she came and
sat down right next to me and started talking to me. After two seconds
I realized she wasn't a member. She said that she was very sad but
when she saw our Books of Mormon she thought she would come ask us how
to be happy. Merlene is a 40 year old woman and her mom passed away a
year ago. She told me that she's been struggling with accepting why it
had to happen. I had a really cool moment with her and just testified
to her so directly that I knew exactly what she was going through. I
testified about the Plan of Salvation and we both felt the Spirit so
strongly! We weren't able to get her number but she has our card so
hopefully we'll see her again! Then we went to a family home evening,
we have one almost every Monday night and investigators and recent
converts come and it's super fun.

Tuesday we had District meeting and then in the afternoon we had
exchanges with Hermana Smith and Hermana López! Hermana Smith and I
went to correlation, English class, and the ward family home evening.

Thursday we did weekly planning and planned for week one of the
transfer! One of the goals we made is to make a video together every
night about the miracles we've seen so we are more aware of how the
Lord is blessing us. When we went out to work in the evening we ran
into a guy named Angel I contacted a few days ago. He invited us to go
to a restaurant to get something to drink so we went! It was so cool
to run into him! And he was really excited to see us too. We also
later met with a reference from a member. Rocío is super sweet and
we're excited to see how she progresses.

On Friday morning I had an AWESOME personal study and I really studied
a lot about Christ and His life. We didn't have any plans for the
morning so we got out there and contacted our hearts out! It WAS so
fun. We talked to everyone, met some cool people and had a lot of
powerful contacts. We met a girl named Mina and we'll be meeting with
her this week. Later that day we went and met with Dana(member) , she
has a really rough family life and she's thinking about moving out and
it's just kind of a rough situation.  So we went to get ice cream with
her and our relief society president. And Dana started telling us that
she wants to go on a mission, so hopefully we'll be helping her get
ready for that! Then we had the funnest lesson with Pablo! He is also
a reference and this was the first time meeting with him. And HE IS
THE MOST NORMAL PERSON we have ever taught, he's so awesome! We had an
awesome conversation about the Restoration of the church of Jesus
Christ.

On Saturday we went and helped at a stake activity for the youth. We
had a mini MTC and we helped the youth plan a lesson and then we
taught the lessons to members. Saturday afternoon we had three lessons
in a row at the church and they all went so well! With Christian,
Mustapha and Gregorio.

On Sunday we had 5 investigadores in CHURCH! Mustapha came and told us
that he came because he had a very strong dream that he needed to come
and he dreamed about taking the Sacrament. During the Sacrament he
leaned over to me and said "this is how it was in my dream. This is
how it is supposed to be!" Pretty dang cool! We ate lunch with Rosanna
and Gabriel which was fun. We went and talked to Dagner a recent
convert that night and basically just let him vent because he's going
through a really hard time right now.

This week was so good! Hermana Simpson and I are having a blast
together and are seeing so much progression in our investigators. So
I'm a happy missionary girl. :)

Well, I think that's about all. I love you all!

Love, Hermana Moore
Pictures from the youth activity.





No comments:

Post a Comment