Monday, June 5, 2017

May 30th- June 5th, 2017

Hola friends!!

A really exciting thing happened last Monday night! After coming back
from Málaga, I got to stay the night in GRANADAAAAA! It was so fun to
be back and I even got to go to a lesson with Hermana Matsu. We went
to see Maaakkkk! He's a 23 year old less active member and I just love
him to pieces! I wish I would've recorded when we knocked on the door.
Mak opened it, saw me and closed it again. Then you could hear him
behind the door talking to himself in his Mak way: "But what is she
doing here?!? It's been so long! What's happening?!" And then he
proceeded to open it again. We had a really nice lesson with him and
it was fun to catch up. He's doing really well and he's coming back to
church. We talked about testimonios and I was think about the main
principles that make up the "nucleus" of my testimony. Throughout the
lesson, I narrowed it down to three things: 1.my knowledge that I am a
daughter per of God and that God wants the best for me. 2. That Jesus
Fhrist is my Savior and I can only return to God's presence through
exercising faith in Him. 3. That the Book of Mormon is true and
contains doctrine necessary for my salvation. Seeing Mak again was one
of the sweetest experiences on my entire mission. Knowing that I've
made a difference in someone's life. That's what it's all about. :)

On Tuesday night I finally got back to good old Alicante and we had a
few lessons and the ward family home evening. Wednesday was filled
with lessons and grilled cheese sandwiches.

Thursday was a busy day. We had planning and then I made STUFFING for
lunch! I've been craving it for the last year and so I finally just
made it with old bread and random spices. It turned out really well!
After lunch Hermana Stilson and Hermana Dos Santos came for exchanges!

On Friday morning I had my interview with President Andersen. Then for
the afternoon I got to work with Hermana Stilson. She is just an
awesome at contacting and I learned a lot from her. We found a few new
people to teach too!

Saturday we had a zone conference and Elder Gay, a member of the 70,
came to speak to us! He served in Spain in 1972 and so he was one of
the first missionaries here! He told us a lot of really cool mission
stories and it was the most spiritual conferences I've ever gone to!
We talked a lot about receiving revelation and teaching for people's
understanding.

Today has been a fun preparation day and all the Alicante missionaries
rented bikes and rode by the ocean!

Well, here's a few pictures from the week. Love you all!

MAKKKKK!



Isn't my companion cute?

Stuffing and turkey! 🦃



Livin' the dream!

Love, Hermana Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment