Monday, May 15, 2017

May 9th-May 15th, 2017

Helloooooooo friends!

Well, time is just going by way too, too fast. It was a pretty full week.

Here's the highlights!

On Tuesday we got back to Alicante from Málaga. It was a lonnnnggg bus
ride and we even got to drive though palm tree-y 🌴 Elche.

On Wednesday I hit a YEAR out on the mission! Pretty crazy! We planned
on getting ice cream during our dinner break time but we had to run
from lesson to lesson and then to help to play the piano for choir
practice and then to more lessons. We only ended up having time to buy
pringles to celebrate but that's okay. What better way to celebrate a
year in the mission than a busy missionary day?

One of my favorite lessons this week was with Alicia. She's a member
here who has a hard time coming to church because of anxiety problems.
I love to visit her because she is just always so happy and loves
hugs. We visit her every week and read out of the Book of Mormon with
her. This week we read about when Christ visited the Americas (3 Nefi
11) and talked about Jesus Christ. The Spirit was so strong and she
just looked at me and said with tears in her eyes, "Hermanas, Cristo
vendrá y me sanará." (Sisters, Christ WILL come and he WILL heal me).
I had a big smile on my face and said "Si, Alicia, nos sanará a todos"
(He will heal us all). I love my Savior Jesus Christ so much. I know
that when He comes again we will all be healed of every sickness,
disability, weakness we have.

On Friday and Saturday we had Hermana Pickett and Hermana Hargis over
for exchanges! We had such a good time with those awesome hermanas! We
worked hard, found 3 new investigators and then at night we made
s'mores by roasting marshmallows in our oven with unbent hangers. :)

Sunday was a nice day. I gave a talk about being a good example and
following the promptings of the Spirit to share the gospel. Then
Hermana Simpson and I got to help with music time with the little
primary kids.

Sunday night I got to skype my family for the last time! The time went
by really quickly and it was weird hanging up, looking at my name tag,
and going back to the room full of missionaries.

Today for p-day a bunch of missionaries and I hiked the castle here in
Alicante and it was really fun!

I think that's about all for this week. I love you all. I love being a
missionary and I love the gospel of Jesus Christ with all my heart.

Enjoy some pictures!

Flashback to Granada with Hermana Gentry. She finally gave me some of
the pics we took together on her fancy dancy camera. :) love her.


The Alicante crew! Elder Pincock; Elder Hirst and Hermana Simpson and I.















Hermana Gentryyyyy! ❤️ 






















Exchanges with Hermana Pickett and Hermana Hargis!

















S'mores!






















At the castle today with Hermana Simpson. 😊

Love, Hermana Moore



No comments:

Post a Comment