Monday, May 1, 2017

April 25th-May 1st, 2017--TRANSFERS!

It's been a good, fast week and the transfer is coming to an end! I'll talk about transfer calls at the end. I don't have a whole lot to tell you about, but here's a quick summary.

On Tuesday we had a nice district meeting and we talked a lot about Christ and His Atonement. Afterwards Hermana George and I made a calendar to read the Book of Mormon as a ward in three months. We've been working a lot with strengthening the ward members so they can be spiritually self-sufficient. 

Wednesday was a really good missionary day! José (short for Josefa) came with us for the afternoon and worked with us for 4 hours! It was awesome and we found a few futures and taught two investigator lessons! Go work with the missionaries. :)

On Friday our lesson with Sonia fell through and then our backups did too. It was pretty discouraging because it was rainy and not many people were out. One of our backups was to bring a Romanian Book of Mormon to a man we met the other day. So after he wasn't home, we decided to knock all the doors in a random building nearby. It was 5 stories and we started on the top floor and worked our way down. In the top 4 floors only one person answered and she didn't want anything. On the bottom floor we finally got an answer! A woman came out and asked us what we wanted. We explained that we wanted to share a message with her about Christ. She said that she works a lot and she only stayed home from work that day because it was raining. (Blessing!) She said she'd love to read something. The only problem is that she doesn't know how to read Spanish, only Romanian! Then I said "well, look! I've been carrying this Book of Mormon just for you!" God is mindful of all of His children and their needs. :) 

Saturday morning we got our shower and a few lights fixed in our apartment and then visited Rodolfo. On the  bus back home we got a call.... from President Andersen! He said that the Lord needs me to go to Alicante! to serve as a sister training leader! Alicante is beautiful and I'm so excited! Alicante is really close to Elche, where I started my mission! My new companion will be Hermana Simpson who is 3 months away from finishing her mission. I am really humbled by this call and I'm excited to get to serve in a more expanded way. 

Sunday, yesterday, was my last day at church in the Murcia 1 ward. There are some really incredible members in that ward. One of my favorite members, Jorge is in the bishopric and as he was making announcements, he announced that I was leaving. A member behind me shouted "but who's going to play the piano?!" Hahahaha. During choir practice while I was playing the piano and everyone was singing, Jorge came up to say goodbye to me.He just started at me for a minute and said "Hermana, look at me. Really look into my eyes. Do you feel the love? Do you feel the love this ward has for you?" At this point I stopped playing and really just looked at him. And he was right. I felt his love for me, the love from the ward, and the love of my Heavenly Father. Then he told me that I had done great things in that ward but that he really felt like the Lord needed me in another place. I love being a missionary so much. I am grateful for the people I get to meet and serve.

I love Murcia. It's had its challenges but I've grown so much as a missionary and person here. I'm ready to go and learn in Alicante!

Mom started her mission 40 years ago in Alicante, then went to serve in Gibraltar (which is only an elders area now), Murcia and Valencia (not in the Málaga mission boundaries). The Lord is so good to me. I'll have served in the two areas where it was possible for me to literally walk and teach where my mom did. ♥️ 

Alrighty. I love you all so much! Have a fantastic week and look for the miracles! 

Train tracks in Murcia! 






















The view from our window. El parque Floridablanca. 
















Librilla! 
















Pastel de carne with Hermana George. ♥️ The best typical Murcian food.







Flashback to the last time I was in Alicante! In August of 2016. 






















I sure love being a missionary. :)

Love, Hermana Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment