Monday, May 22, 2017

May 16th-May 22nd, 2017

Hola friolas.  👋🏻

This week was full of lessons, miracles, a proposal, exchanges in
Málaga and kebab. A pretty good week if you ask me.

On Tuesday Hermana Simpson and I went to a meeting with all the
district leaders and the zone leaders of the Alicante zone. It was
kind of like a district meeting focused on the needs of our zone. Then
we all went and ate kebab together. On Tuesday night we had a few
lessons and then went to the church to teach English class and have a
ward family home evening.

On Wednesday morning at 1 am we got a call and then a text from our
investigator Mustafa (every time I say his name, my mind flashes to
the Lion King "Mufasaaaaaaaa!"). He is from Africa and the last lesson
with him we gave him a Book of Mormon in Arabic and invited him to
read it. He texts us, "honestly I read little from the book but I have
strong feeling that this boock is from God." ***ahhhhhhh!!!!*** We got
to meet with him today and he repeated over and over again "this book
wasn't written by a normal man. It has to be from God" So, in other
terms, he loved it! He's reading in Alma now. We had a cool lesson
with him and just talked about the desire he has to change his life
and follow God.

Also on Wednesday we met Alicia at her house and walked with her to
the church. There, we sang a hymn and shared a message and then the
elders gave her the Sacrament. She had anxiety problems and isn't able
to come to church a lot. It was such a tender experience to be able to
see her partake of the bread and water and renew her baptismal
covenants. It was a testimony to me that the Atonement of Jesus Christ
really is individual.

On Thursday Hermana Simpson and I headed off to Málagaaaa! And 8 hours
later we got there for exchanges with Hermana Taggart and Hermana
Cole. I worked the night with Hermana Cole and it was nice. She's a
sweetheart and we had a nice chat and taught a few lessons. On Friday
morning the four of us volunteered at a soup kitchen near their
apartment and it was nice to serve. After that they made us some
sandwiches and we got on the bus again. It was a short trip but it was
nice!

We got back into Alicante at about 9:45 so we dropped our bags off at
home and left again to go contacting. One of the people we talked to
was named Oscar from Algeria. He was in a rush so we got his number
and let him go. Flash forward to Saturday afternoon as we were
contacting again: we run into Oscar and he says "hi! Do you have some
time to grab a coffee?" We respond that yes we have time but for some
orange juice or water. :) He has a specific cafe in mind and for the
next 15 minutes walking we passed roughly 75 cafes. But we finally got
there and sat down. We just talked with him and got to know him a bit
and his beliefs. He asked for our names and then we kept moving. Oscar
is sitting in the middle of the two of us and slowly through the
conversation he rotates and 15 minutes later he's got his chair
pointed straight at me. He keeps referring to me as Christy instead of
Hermana Moore and calls Hermana Simpson a different name every time.
(Jennifer? It's Rylli. Kathy? It's Rylli. Jen? R-Y-L-L-I. Okay, I'll
just call you "coffee".) I do my best to include Hermana Simpson in
the conversation and make it very clear of our purpose (a.k.a. THIS IS
NOT A DATE). Well in between questions about his faith he asks me for
my Facebook (which I turn down) then he pops THE question! He says,
speaking in english with a heavy French accent, "So, Christy, you
don't want to marry yourself with me?" Uhh 🙄. No, no I don't. I want
you to have more faith in Christ. So we invited him to English class
and got right out of there. Hahaha. As we were leaving he says, "good
bye Christy and Coffee!"

On Sunday afternoon we met with Mustafa and gave him a tour of the
church since he wasn't able to go that morning. He really liked it and
said he felt a lot of peace.

P-day today has been great! It's been an exciting, productive day. We
read our emails at a bakery, went souvenir shopping, ate lunch,
annndddd then I got my ears pierced at the Claire's here! Pretty
exciting. The lady doing it was confused that I was a 20 year old who
didn't have her ears pierced! And now we're just relaxing in our
apartment with AC writing all of you lovely people. So all in all a
really great week.

I love being a missionary and I'm so grateful for this time to grow
closer to my Father in Heaven and get to know my Savior better.

Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Hermana Moore

Kebab!


















Exchanges with Hermana Cole and Taggart!

Sunday morning pancakes!


No comments:

Post a Comment