Monday, August 15, 2016

August 8th- August 14-- Bautismos por miles habrá!

Hello friends!

Well it has been a ROLLER COASTER of a week. Lots of miracles and heart breaks and stress. Yay missionary work!


This week was our mission-wide consecration week so we set a lot of goals to be more focused missionaries and better servants of the Lord. Some of those included getting up at exactly on time (7:30) and having more edifying studies. On Tuesday we saw some miracles! We were a lot better at contacting this week and were able to talk to more people on the streets. We passed by an old investigator and she was so excited to see us! The hermanas dropped her awhile ago and Cattya didn't really know why. So we'll visit her this week to how we can help her come closer to Christ. :)
On Wednesday (August 10th) I hit 3 months on my mission! So that was exciting.


On Thursday I had an interview with President Andersen and it was so nice to talk with him. He is called as a mission president to oversee the missionaries serving in the region and we have interviews every couple months to keep us on track.


Spain has a lot of celebrations and this past weekend had several local festivals. Today is the day of the assumption. I don't actually know what that means... Or what it celebrates. All I know is that fireworks have been going off non-stop for the past week! It's times like these that I wish we could use google. Hahaha


On Saturday Marina and Nicole were baptized! We've been teaching them for a long time and there have been a lot of roadblocks in their way. Satan didn't give up and Saturday turned out to be a stressful day trying to pull everything together. Marina got sick the night before and she missed the bus so we started the baptism late. I always imagined baptisms on my mission differently. I imagined feeling so much peace and joy as I watched my investigator come out of the waters of baptism smiling. I got to experience the missionary's side of a baptism and witness all the trials impeding the path. Saturday was far from a peaceful, stress-free day but they got baptized!


I went to bed Saturday night with the feeling that Marina wouldn't be able to come to church the next day to be confirmed a member and receive the Holy Ghost. In my night prayer I prayed that she would be able to make it. Sure enough, at 8 am the next day we got a call from her and she said that she was feeling a lot worse and her her son had a fever. She really wanted to come to church but said she just couldn't do it. So we resigned and assured her it was okay if we waited and just did it next week. When we got to church and told the bishopric that she wasn't coming they looked confused and one of them said that he had just gotten a call from Marina and was going to pick her up. As Sacrament meeting started, Marina and her family walked in and sat in the front with us! Marina told us that as soon as she hung up the phone with us her son's fever disappeared and she felt better.So she took that as a sign from Heaven that she needed to go to church! :) It was so cool. Marina and Nicole were confirmed as members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and the Spirit was so strong!


This coming Saturday we'll get transfer calls and I'll know who my next companion is and if I'll be staying in Elche or not. Hermana DeBoard and I are pretty anxious to know.


Well I think that's pretty much all I've got for this week! Here's some pictures:

We eat a lot of completos here with the Chilean Elder Pesce and I in the district.

















The old teaching record said to find the Antonio who lives in this building. There's at least 6 and we never did figure out which one we were looking for.
















Narrow Spain streets!



















This is La Dama de Elche. There are tons of key chains and figurines all over. I don't know much about why this is a statue or who she was...




































It took 2.5 hours to fill up the baptismal font so we had to get there at 8 am to start the water.











Johan, Hna. DeBoard, me, Marina and Jhasmine, Diego, and Nicole.

Have a marvelous week!
Love, Hermana Moore






No comments:

Post a Comment