Monday, August 22, 2016

August 15th- August 21sr--Transfer calls!

Hola amigos míos!

This week has felt really long but also I don't know where it went! This week was the last week of my second transfer so that means I'm done with training already. My incredible trainer Hermana DeBoard is leaving me and I hope I'm ready to fend for myself here in Elche! We had an awesome last week together and had a lot of laughs. We've had an awesome three months together and I'll always have a lot of great memories from my training. She has such a positive attitude and has been so patient with me. She's taught me everything I need to know to be a successful missionary and now I've just got to get working on my weaknesses!

This week we worked a lot with contacting futures and we have a new investigator! His name is Eddy and he's a Nigerian guy who took the missionary lessons in Madrid for 3-4 months. We've met with him a few times and he'a really receptive. We teach him in English which is super weird.

After district meeting on Wednesday we had a party for Elder Hammond who hit a year in the mission! His mom sent him this awesome giant package with cake mix and Minion decorations and party bags for us to celebrate with. It was awesome and so fun! :)

We had an eating cita every day this week and it was so fun to meet with so many of the members. We probably gained five pounds but that's okay.

Transfer calls cameeee. Hermana DeBoard is going to Málaga (ward 4) and I'm staying here in Elche! We expected that to happen. Hermana Højholdt is coming to be my companion. But what we didn't expect is that Hermana Gibson is ALSO coming to be my companion! That's right, I'll be in a trio! If you remember, I was also in a trio in the MTC so the Lord was just preparing me! All I've heard about trios is that they are a test of patience so I think this transfer will be one of learning!

Ever since Saturday afternoon we have been prepping the apartment for a third(!!!!) Hermana which includes getting a new mattress, study chair, sheets, clothes drying rack (have I mentioned that not a lot of people have dryers here??), etc. we've called the owner of our apartment several times and he always laughs when we say we need more things. Apparently we're supposed to have 3 copies of the house key and we only have one. We've also been doing some deep cleaning and we've been dejunk-ifying the spare room. Other missionaries leave a lot of useless junk. We had a fun time with it though! I actually love cleaning and throwing other people's junk away is satisfying. This afternoon I'm going to pack Hermana DeBoard's suitcases and I'm excited because I love packing!

It's been a short one today but all the days and weeks have really started to squish together for me. Have a good week and enjoy the pictures! I love you all! Read your scriptures! Say your prayers! God has blessings he wants to give you but you've got to out in the work!

Hump day party for Elder Hammond. His mom went all out.















Theseare called Igos. Do these fruits exist in the States??






















We found some fun things. 3 ping pong paddles, a bathrobe that's just my size!, reindeer thing-a-ma-bobs, about 7 unused first aid kits, and an adult Snow White costume.




















A few weeks ago some, elders gave us a big bag of Kruteaz pancake mix and so we had pancakes this morning!





















Hermana DeBord, Fina, Nanci. These women are such good role models for me. They are so loving and are constantly serving!














Well, I'll leave you with a view of our Jesus hallway. :) I can only imagine what the guy who came and fixed our sink thought as he walked down the hall. 

Love, Hermana Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment