Monday, August 29, 2016

August 22nd-August 28th--Trio life

Last Tuesday we had district meeting and it was so sad to hear Hermana DeBoard's last testimony! Afterwards we headed to the bus station to pick up one of my new companions! Hermana Gibson! We had a cita with Marina and her family and she made us pica machu which is a dish from Bolivia. It was French fries with meat, hot dogs, peppers, and an egg and I really liked us. Marina took her English skills for a spin and told us what the meat was.

Marina: "cut?"Us: "huh?"Marina: "ohh C-A-T"Us: "oh... It's so good...."

Hahahaha being a missionary is great.


It was a really sweet time with them though. After Marina, we went to Fatima's house and she fed us wayyyy to much. But such is life when companions leave an area. Hermana DeBoard left at 9:20 ish on Wednesday morning and it was so sad to write in her transfer journal and remember all the good times we had together! I couldn't have asked for a better trainer. Once she left I was officially in charge of leading the area and a few hours later my other new companion arrived! I'll come back to how our week went. 


The blonde trio is alive! Seriously, who's idea was it to put three of the blondest girls together to venture around Spain together??! (Oh yeah. It was God's idea. He probably knows what He's doing) We've got some awesome comments on the street and even more staring than usual.


Hermana Højholdt (still working on the pronunciation... I usually slaughter it) is from Denmark and she ha 8 months in the mission. She is so obedient and sweet and I have so much to learn from her. Hermana Gibson is from Utah (CLARO) and got to Spain three weeks before I did. She is so loving and we're always laughing. We make an awesome team although we're still working on the balance for teaching lessons. We went to eat at a members house (Patricia) and her husband served in California. He was in trios for a year of his mission and said at least 27 times that he HATED his time in a trio. But putting aside all the negative comments I've heard, I am absolutely loving it so far. There are two ways that missionaries get along: 1.if they're being disobedient together. 2. If they're being exactly obedient together. The three of us are taking the high road and we're making each other more hardworking, focused missionaries. I am so excited to see what this transfer holds for us. 




We've seen a lot of little miracles this week. On Wednesday afternoon we passed by a few people and tried to see if they actually lived there. One teaching record said Gertrudis but we couldn't figure out which apartment was hers. We got into the building and went to the floor we thought it was. It didn't end up being hers. We started walking out and Hermana Gibson turned around and looked at me and we both said at the same time that we should knock doors. The first door we knocked we found a lady named.... 
GERTRUDIS. God is so cool. She pretended to not know who we were and said she didn't want anything to do with the church... So that was weird. But it just showed us that God is aware of what we are doing. Another time this week we weren't having any luck passing by people so we de died to knock doors. It easier to knock doors when we can get into an apartment building and talk to people over their doorstep rather than their intercom. None of the doors we were passing were open and so Hermana Gibson says, you just have to have faith and pushed on a door and IT OPENED. We went in and talked to a family and on the way out of the building we checked to see how solid the doors was and it was a heavy metal door and it didn't budge when I pushed on it. Again, God is so cool. 

Our investigator Eddy has a baptismal date for September 17th! So that the goal we're working towards with him. He had a lot of questions and I love answering them because they make me think and build my own testimony.

I've been leading the area which basically means I'm the only one out of the three of us who knows where to go. It's been good for me and I'm getting better at directions and God has definitely been helping me out with feeling more confident and sure about myself.

Tomorrow, Tuesday, we are having what is called a "cosecha". Cosecha means harvest and it's going to be a "harvest" of people who are ready to listen to the Gospel! We have 9 missionaries in Elche now and we are going to get all of them together for this activity in our area.  Each missionary will go on splits with a member from our ward to go out to contact and knock doors. Working with members is so important. We have been doing some planning for it and are really excited. We are hoping (trusting in the Lord!) to get a lot of future investigators. We prayed to know where to send each missionary and their companion and let me tell you, revelation is REAL. We prayed separately and then discussed our findings as a companionship and many of the streets were in the same area, if not the same exact street.

Church yesterday was just wonderful and Hermana Gibson and Hermana Højholdt got to meet our wonderful ward members. As I looked around in Sacrament meeting I realized how much I've come to love the people I get to serve here in Elche. I've been here for more than 3 months already. During Relief Society we stood up and testified of missionary work and invited the sisters to come and work with us for the cosecha and they got excited about it! So we have enough people for the hermanas in Elche to have a member companion! We also sent around a calendar for having us over for lunch and we're excited for all of our citas this week to get to know the members better.

I have such high hopes for this transfer with my lovely companions. We have already contacted more than I have in the last three and half months and I'm getting a lot more comfortable with just putting myself out there. We are going to to see so many miracles and I just can't wait. :)

Hermana Matsu and Hermana Giraldo just got put into the second ward of Elche and so now there's 5 of us in the same city! Our districts got jumbled around too so now in my district there are 5 hermanas and 2 elders! 

Have a wonderful week, pray a lot, and be happy!

Love, Hermana Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment