Monday, August 8, 2016

August 2nd-7th, 2016



Ohhh what a week! It's crazy how quickly time passes on a mission. I feel like it was just preparation day!

Last Monday, after getting back from the castle in Alicante we had three citas in a row, all far away from one another. We literally ran our little hearts out to each one. As one of the mission rules is that we need to be home somewhere between 10:15 and 10:45 pm. We left our last apportionment at 10:15 and gave ourselves half an hour to be walking through our front door. The mission rules are my commandments and are there to keep me safe and I am promised extra protection if I follow them exactly. Well Marina's house is 1.7 miles away from our apartment and the city buses stop running at 9:30 MAYBE 10 so we were kind of doomed. We sped walked for the first mile and were making good time. But we still had 0.7 miles and it was 10:40. It had been such a long day and we hiked down a mountain that morning and had probably walked about 8 miles that day. I prayed we'd make it but honestly wasn't too sure. We took of in a dead sprint and stopped every once in
a while and somehow I had energy! It was so cool. Do you want to guess what time I turned the key at our apartment door? That's right, 10:45 on the dot. God is so mindful and so willing to protect us if we obey His will.

It didn't seem like we were in Elche for very long this week because we weren't. On Tuesday I got on a bus to go to Málaga to pick up my Spain residency card from the police station there. I was there from Tuesday and got home on Thursday afternoon. It was an 8 hour bus ride so that kind of wiped me out. But I stayed at the house of the senior missionary couple and they took me out for fish and chips at an English place by the ocean on Tuesday night. :)

On Wednesday night I stayed with the sister training leaders in Murcia (Mom served there too!) and in the morning before I went home we played basketball with 3 companionships of elders. I actually miss basketball a lot! Those 9 years of playing were all worth it because I played pretty well. :) There wasn't much competition though. I miss competition. On a mission when we play sports "everyone's a winner" and we "don't keep score" hahaha but I really wanted someone to drive into me for a layup. I miss being able to be aggressive.

After being gone pretty much all week we left again on Friday morning for our zone meeting in Alicante. It was a really good meeting and we talked about consecration. We talked about re-dedicating ourselves to our missions and working on being more obedient. We're having a week of consecration and working on being better missionaries.

After zone meeting we went to Dominos for unlimited 7 buck pizza. We ate an incredible amount-like 2 pizzas each person. I don't think I've ever eaten so much in my life.

Well that's what I thought until we had an eating cita with Fatima. She served us SO MUCH FOOD. We had a four course meal and the portions were GIGANTIC. That is really the most I've ever eaten in my entire life. I felt so sick later. I appreciate eating citas so much. So feed your missionaries but please oh please don't over feed them. It's not fun!

So... On unrelated terms... I lost 4 pounds in my first month here and I have gained that all back and more. So it's time to start cracking down on what I eat. Haha.

On Saturday we took some time to deep clean our apartment and it felt so good. I deep cleaned and Hermana DeBoard made a bunch of chocolate chip cookies to give to members who help us a lot.

Although we didn't have a lot of time to work in our area this week we are preparing for Marina and Nicole's baptism! We made her program and chose hymns with them. They'll still be getting baptized this Saturday (August 13th)! We are so excited. We had an awesome lesson with Marina and we read 3 Nephi 31:17-18. I asked her what she thought about it and she perfectly explain what I was going to explain about how baptism is a door to eternal life with our Heavenly Father and also the doorway to happiness on this earth. It was so sweet because she taught me this and I was kind of surprised. I looked at her and said Marina! You know so much! She really is so ready for baptism and I'm so excited for her to feel the change being baptized brings to her life.

Probably one of my favorite parts of this week happened yesterday at church. Between meetings Hermana DeBoard and I were walking down the hallway and a member in front of us stopped mid conversation and said, "Ohh! What's that? I hear the footsteps of angels!" It was so sweet. :)

Have a wonderful week!

Love, Hermana Moore

The Alicante zone!
A package from my favorite German Carolin!
Service cookies

No comments:

Post a Comment