Monday, March 13, 2017

March 7th-March 13th, 2017

Woah woah woah. These weeks are flying by! Hermana Encarnación and I
are about to start our sixth week together which means that we'll get
transfer calls next week. Crazzyyyy! I feel like I just got to Murcia!

Early this week I got a notice in the mail that there was a package
waiting at the post office for me and so we went and picked it up and
it was aaaaaaa BIG JAR OF EXTRA CRUNCHY SKIPPY PEAUNT BUTTER! It was
sent from amazon but it didn't say from who. So thanks mystery peanut
butter friend. :) For lunch we had the most delicious peanut butter
and jelly sandwiches. So it was a good start to the week!

On Tuesday we went back to Cartagena to the dentist for Hermana
Encarnación and we'll go back for the last time on Wednesday this
week. I've gotten some good letters written in that waiting room!

On Thursday morning we had a nice district meeting and then we all ate
lunch and cake together for my birthday. Hermana Encarnación knows the
way to my heart; food--especially delicious Dominican Republic food.
:) I don't know if my birthday will ever end.

On Friday I woke up and I had the feeling that I was going to find a
connection with Mom. It was an impression that I really can't describe
but I carried on with my day like normal. While we were eating lunch
with the Guillén family, Leandro (the father) told us about a book he
and his wife and another lady (Fina) from the ward are writing.
They're putting together a book about how the church started in
Murcia. He told us that the area was opened in 1973 and by 1979 the
missionary work really got moving and there were a lot of baptisms.
Mom served in Murcia in 1976 or 1977. Then he pulled out two notebooks
full of pictures of members and missionary and conversion stories! We
looked through them all but most of the pictures were from 1979 or
later. I wasn't really expecting to find a picture of her in there so
I wasn't too disappointed. But it was neat to learn a bit about the
history! Fast forward to Sunday night: there was a ward activity and I
was talking to Fina, the lady who was helping with the book. She said
that she lived in the same street as where the church met so she every
time she walked out of her house missionaries tried to give her pass
along cards and things. She rejected it all every day in 1976 and some
of 1977 until one day a set of elders knocked on her door and she
finally said yes. I showed her a picture of Mom and she said, "you
know, I don't remember your mom but I'm sure she handed me a pass
along card at some point and I just rejected it!" hahaha. So there you
go! The closest I've gotten to someone knowing Mom. :)

On Friday I hit 10 months and we had a really successful ward family
home evening! We put the members in charge of it and it all went so
well. And we only started 30 minutes late! Score!

Saturday was a good missionary day. Well, every day is, but Hermana
Encarnación and I saw a lot of little miracles together. In the
morning our lesson with Eva failed and that was a bummer BUT as we
were walking to our backup plan, we walked through a park and found
Antonio! So we were able to have a lesson with him for the first time
in a week. God is really in charge of this work. We had several other
good lessons that day. One of them was with Jose Francisco. We were in
this little town called El Patiño and we had a bunch of addresses of
people missionaries used to teach. Most of the addresses we had were
vacant apartments and false numbers. I called one last number and Jose
Francisco picks up. He was taught 3 years ago and has studied the Book
of Mormon a ton. He stopped taking the lessons because he started
working a lot. Well, we went and visited him and he said that he's not
sure the Book of Mormon is the word of God but if he finds out then
he'll get baptized tomorrow! So we're excited to see if he's willing
to progress.

Okay, just one more story and then I'll let you get back to your
lives. There's a road in our area that's realllyyy long and deserted
but it just so happens to be where Magdalena and her family live
(investigators). We were walking on this road on the way back from a
lesson and we decided to stop at her house to use the bathroom. When
we walked in, the house was a bit of a disaster. Magdalena has 3
little kids and a boyfriend who is always working. So while Hermana
Encarnación is in the bathroom I say: "Hi Magdalena! What can I do for
3 minutes?" Her: "Oh nothing Hermana! Sit down!" Me: "Oh! I can do the
dishes? Great!" Then I started to wash the biggest mound of dishes
I've ever seen. 35 minutes later I finished the dishes and Hermana
Encarnación had organized and swept the living room. Magdalena told us
that 10 minutes before we got there she had looked around
exasperatedly and said that she needed help. And that, my friends, is
why I love being a missionary. I love serving people and I love being
able to be an answer to someone else's prayer.

Serve someone this week. It'll make you happy and them happy!

Look for the little miracles God puts in your life!

Oh! I almost forgot! Have you heard of Mormon Faces?? It's a famous
instagram page. Well, my lovely Hermana Gentry just so happens to run
that page with her mom and she interviewed the district in Granada for
it. So, go follow the Mormon Faces page and watch for a picture of
your favorite Hermana Moore to come up in the next few weeks!

Hermana Encarnación and I 💕
























Platanos rellenos with our investigator Magdalena from Bolivia. 























Our peanut butter jelly sandwiches. :)





















I think this is the end of my birthday. I think. 🎉


Love, Hermana Moore





No comments:

Post a Comment