Monday, March 20, 2017

March 14th-March 20th, 2017

Sorry about not emailing much last week. We went hiking and the. The wifi wasn't working at the church. But here's what happened two weeks ago! 

Well folks. The 7th transfer of my mission is over! Only 6 more! Hermana Encarnación had a wonderful last week together! We saw a lot of miracles and really did our best to adopt God's will for the work as our own. So here's how it all went!

On Tuesday we had district meeting and I got to lead a discussion! I talked about how important it is to have our own spiritual experiences so we can testify with more power. I swear you could've cut the Spirit with a knife it was so strong. :)

On Wednesday morning we went to Cartagena for another dentist appointment for Hermana Encarnación and in the afternoon one of our plans fell through so we visited Busayo. We taught her the Plan of Salvation and she loved it! She just kept on saying "that makes so much sense!" And "why didn't I know this??!". This Gospel is going to change her life. 

On Thursday we saw the biggest miracle of the week. Earlier this week I got sick (again. 4th time this transfer) and so on Thursday I wasn't feeling so great. We did weekly planning and then I slept. We had a few lessons in the afternoon and at night I was pretty exhausted. But we had one more lesson with Mari and Selena (an investigator and her less active daughter). The only problem is that they live 40 minutes away walking. We went to the bus stop but when we got there we felt like we needed to walk. At that point I was wondering why and I was fighting that impression. But we got walking. 30 minutes into our tired walk a guy on a bike passed us. I pulled Hermana Encarnacion aside so he could pass and he looked back and smiled at us. He kept biking but kept looking back. He stopped a few minutes later and got off his bike, waited for us to pass and then got back on. At this point I was tired, sore, and not in the mood to deal with a creepy guy. He passed us again and then a few minutes later he had turned around and was waiting for us. He stayed there waiting and once we caught up to him he asked us who we were and what we did. At this point I was holding my bag tight. When we explained what our purpose is as missionaries his face lit up and he said, "I felt like I needed to talk to you! I'm Muslim but not very active. I'm spiritually lost and I'm looking for the path!" And he was serious; we could see it in his eyes. So we said, "Well, Yassine, you found the right people!" We got his number and set up a time to meet! We kept walking and five minutes later he caught up to us again and asked us if we could teach him right then. We explained that we had another lesson to go to but we gave him a quick run through of the Restoration. Then we tried to give him a pamphlet. But it turns out he speaks Spanish but doesn't read it very well. He only reads Arabic.  It we have a few Arabic pamphlets at home! So we are so excited to teach him. God is a God of miracles!

On Saturday we had an awesomely planned day but most of our appointments fell through. But every time one fell through we found someone new or we ran into someone we needed to see. My testimony was strengthened that God is truly in charge of this work! 

On Sunday morning we got a call... a TRANSFER CALL! Hermana Encarnación is going to Sevilla and my new companion here in Murcia will be Hermana George! I am so excited! She's from my group! So that meant that Sunday was full of good byes. Also, I got recruited as the choir pianist and so I basically am in charge of organizing the ward choir now. I also play the piano every Sunday for Sacrament meeting. There is not a single member who plays so bishop made a deal with President Andersen that he would always send a piano-playing missionary to his ward. When I got here all of the members said, "Oh hi Hemana Moore (amor? Moooree? More? That's a weird name.) Do you play the piano? Good. Welcome to Murcia!" Hahaha. 

And that brings us to today. The last preparation day of the transfer and the last one with Hermana Encarnación. We went with the other missionaries to hike up to a Christ statue! We got up halfway and then we ran into a locked gate... but we still had a nice picnic together.

So it's the end of the transfer. It's been a hard one but a good one. I learned a lot about teaching with the Spirit. I learned that we can have the Spirit with us constantly. I learned a lot from Hermana Encarnación about connecting with the ward members and everyone we meet. I learned how to trust more fully in God. I learned more patience and humility. I learned to be a more diligent and obedient missionary. I learned how to consecrate myself and work with all my energy until the end of the day. I learned how to see good in other people and to overlook their flaws.

I love being a missionary. I know this church is the restored church of Jesus Christ. I know that my Savior lives and loves me. I know that my Heavenly Father knows me. I know that miracles exist and that the gospel of Jesus Christ changes lives.

I love you all so much! 

My sweet Hermana Encarnación!






















Hiking!





















The district!

No comments:

Post a Comment