Monday, March 27, 2017

March 21st-March 27th, 2017

It's been another week in Murcia-land! It's been a pretty busy and

full of adjusting but I've seen a whole lot of miracles. Here's a
rundown of my week.

On Monday and Tuesday we visited people like crazy and got Hermana
Encarnación all ready to go to Sevilla. It's been a blessing to serve
with her and learn with her! We'll see each other around. :)

On Wednesday morning we went to the bus station and I said good bye to
my sweet Hermana Encarnación and picked up Hermana George, my new
companion! We were in the MTC together but I didn't know too much
about her. In the last few days we've been having a last together.
She's from Texas, she's happy and positive and good at talking to
people. I'm excited for this transfer to see miracles with her!

On Friday during zone meeting we watched the new Easter video the
church will release on March 31st! And then we got new contacting
cards to use for Easter time! I'm really excited to talk to people
during the Easter season! Christ lives. :)

Saturday was a WONDERFUL day. We had some really good lessons. One of
those was with Busayo. She's from Nigeria and has two adorable girls.
Her husband usually has to work so we've been just teaching her. Last
time we taught part of the Plan of Salvation and left her the pamphlet
to read. We met with her and she had read it! And she had a lot of
good questions. We explained the wonderful plan God has for us and the
Spirit testified of every word. We were inspired to talk about temples
and Busayo said that a wave of peace washed over her as we talked
about them. She said she could imagine herself there and felt so much
love. Then, although we had not planned to, we invited her to be
baptized so she could experience the peace of the House of the Lord.
She looked at us calmly and said, "That is exactly what I want to do!"
She accepted to prepare to be baptized on April 22nd! We are so
excited and so grateful for the influence of the Holy Spirit.

Saturday had another miracle in store for us. Soon after the lesson
with Busayo, Hermana George stared feeling sick. This led us to go to
the grocery store to buy a few things for her. While we were in line,
a man started speaking to us. He is from Nigeria and was extremely
impressed that we are here, away from our families and friends just to
talk about Christ. He's a pastor of a church here and insisted that we
meet with him to tell him about what we believe. We were super excited
and so on Sunday night we met up with him. Well, things went
differently than planned and he ended up bible bashing us... BUT the
cool thing is that one of his friends who was there had met the elders
just a few weeks earlier. I don't know if Michael will accept the
gospel in this life but I have hope that his friend will see he
difference between his pastor, who stood up and yelled/preached at us
and us who spoke calmly, respectfully and with the Spirit of God. It
was a good experience and it was cool to be able to testify of what we
believe so straightforwardly. Although Michael thought we were lost
and we were wrong, I know with all my heart that what we teach is the
true doctrine of Christ.

I love being a missionary. I love getting to strengthen my testimony
of my Savior Jesus Christ. I am grateful for the Plan God has for me
to live with my family forever. This week has been great. We have
found five new investigators and a lot of other people who are ready
for the gospel in their lives!

Have a happy week! Go on LDS.org and watch General Conference! We get
to hear our prophet Thomas S. Monson and the 12 apostles speak to us!

Love, Hermana Moore

Sorry for the lack of pictures!

Here's one of Hermana George and I!



No comments:

Post a Comment