Monday, October 3, 2016

September 27th-October 2nd 2016--Pomegranate!

Sooo this week has been an exciting one! I knew that I was most likely leaving Elche at the need of this transfers and transfer calls were supposed to come on Saturday. However, on Wednesday afternoon I got an unexpected call from Hermana Andersen. She said that PRESIDENT wanted to talk to me. Hyperventilating, I started to talk to him and he said how much he loved our blonde trio and how great we were doing in Elche and how much he has loved reading my weekly letters. At that point I thought he was going to tell me he'd be keeping us together as a trio another transfer. But then he said that the Lord needs me to leave Elche and to GRANADA to finish the training of Hermana Twede.

I'M TRAINING AND I HAVE 4.5 months in the mission! Eaackkghhhhhhh!

I started hyperventilating for real and my eyes were popping out of my head at Hermana Højholdt. I accepted and President Andersen promised me the Lord's guidance! Granada means pomegranate in Spanish and also granade so that's fun. :) Granada has mountains and it SNOWS there! Granadaaaaa! I'm so excited. So, for those of you who don't know, when a missionary gets into the mission, their companion for the first 12 weeks is called their trainer. They are the senior companion and they are in charge of showing them how to be a good, obedient missionary! Hermana Twede has been here for 6 weeks so she's half way through her training.

Hermana Gibson is also training here in Elche and Hermana Højholdt is going to be a sister training leader in Jerez so it's been a huge surprise for all three of us!

On Friday I went to Murcia for a meeting called trainer's training. I am now a trainer but I need training. I spent the first hour of the meeting thinking about how inadequate I feel I am to train. These feelings continued until I let the Spirit speak to me and let me know that God didn't assign me to do this because of what I have done so far, but because He knows my potential and knows what I can do. What a loving Heavenly Father we have. He sees my potential and I just have to reach as far as I can and then trust in my Savior to help me reach my full potential. My best effort + Christ =perfection. God doesn't just want us to return back to Him and to our innocent state we came from. He wants us to be PERFECTED in Christ so that we can be like God. Christ paid the price to help us fill the gap between our imperfections and the perfect standard of God. He is the Mediator and I am so grateful for His role in my life. I am now ready to train sweet Hermana Twede. :)

Apart from that crazy news, it's been an incredible last week as a trio. On Tuesday we went to Alicante and went to the Vikings museum there. It was really neat and it was especially fun because most of the artifacts came from Denmark (Hermana Højholdt!).

We had a lunch with some members and on Thursday all of woke up with food poisoning. So that strengthened our trio unity. Hahaha. But we're all feeling better now.

 We have a new investigator named Juan and he's from Ecuador. He loves to talk and he has a lot of faith. 

General conference was wonderful! General conference is a world wide conference that happens twice a year. We get to hear from God's true prophet and apostles on the earth. It was an especially sacred time being here on a mission. I gained so much inspiration for the people I am teaching and what i need to do to better myself. The biggest tender mercy happened during the Priesthood session. Eddy, our investigator from Nigeria came and watched the session with us in English and just two days before, we had a lesson about the word of wisdom with him. He didn't understand the reasoning behind no tea or coffee and he's still having doubts about President Monson. And what did President Monson talk about? THE WORD OF WISDOM. It was so cool! 

There are a lot of things I took away from conference and I have lots and lots of notes I will be studying. My testimony has been strengthened and I know that God loves us and that He has given us a plan to return to Him. That plan is called the Plan of Happiness and it is centered around our Savior, Jesus Christ. Through this plan we can know where we came from, why we are here, and where we are going. I am a child of God and I know that all my questions can be answered by the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. 

I am overwhelmed and excited and grateful to be a missionary! I've never been this happy consecutively in my entire life.

I love you all :)

Here's my new address. I'll most likely be there until the end of December. 

Hermana Christy Moore
Calle San Antón 
Nº70, Esc. Derecha 4°C
18005, Granada 
España

Love, Hermana Moore

On the way to Murcia with Hermana Gibson and Hermana Højholdt

















A happy, blonde trio in Elche.














Watching General Conference.













This is how we sleep. :)

Love, Hermana Moore




No comments:

Post a Comment