Monday, October 24, 2016

October 18th-October 24th, 2016

Well this week has been a good one. Full of ups and downs like always.
:) I'd like to start out by saying that I believe in God and I know
that He is in control of everything. I don't have a ton of time since
it's been a crazy day, but I'll do what I can to sum up my week in
words and pictures.

Last Monday I bought a few new cardigans, one being a mustard yellow
one (I'm wearing it in the paella  picture). Well when we walked out
of the apartment, the first person I saw was an 80 year old man
wearing the same cardigan. Hahaha. That was awkward. But I bet he was
thinking, "hey look! I'm matching with that cute blonde American
girl!"

Anyways. We had several lessons this week with people we hadn't taught
before. We met them in the last few weeks and finally set up lessons
with them. A few of them thanked us for our time but decided they
weren't interested in hearing more. But that's fine, we're just here
to invite. BUT. We taught a lady named Julia and her family and they
loved the time with us! They are from Argentina and Bolivia and are
such a sweet family. They are also interested in learning English so
we are going to teach them the lessons and teach them a few English
phrases each time. So we have a family to teach! I am so excited!

Every transfer (1.5 months) each missionary had an interview with
President Andersen, the president of our mission. On Saturday we met
him at the church building and I got to talk to him for awhile! And he
also brought me a package from Dad and a letter and a postcard from
Abbey-Dabbey and Melanie.

HERE IT IS! The coolest part of my whole week. What we do a lot as
missionaries is contact. Contacting is where we carry our trusty Books
of Mormon and a card with our number on it and talk to people. In
Spanish. We meet new people and get rejected a lot. We say hello and
people pretend to tie their shoe, check their phone or straight up
tell us ADIOS. Well on Sunday night we were contacting and our plans
feel through so we contacted for an hour. Waking and talking to
people. Well since most people reject us, I was thinking and had a
little conversation with God and asked Him to let me have a really
meaningful experience contacting and to let me feel like I was making
a difference. I got rejected a few more times and then I stopped a man
and started talking to him. He looked really burdened down by life and
I started to talk about the message of Christ we share. I testified to
him that God loves him and they He knows what he is going through. I
testified that the gospel of Jesus Christ can heal every wound and
bring peace to every broken heart. I talked to him for 5 minutes and
don't remember a word of it because I was being led completely by the
Spirit of God. I asked him for his number and asked him if we could
visit him. I know Antonio felt the spirit and I know he could feel a
difference. I saw a change in his eyes from depressed to a glimmer of
hope for better things to come. I testified of the reality of Jesus
Christ and His atoning sacrifice. Christ died to save us from our
sins. This is truly what the gospel does for people. This message is a
message of hope and of happiness. When Hermana Twede and I walked away
she turned to me and said, "Hermana, your mom was there. I felt her
testifying with you." I am grateful for this tender mercy in my
missionary life. Hopefully I'll get to write more about Antonio and
share with you how he is doing!

I love being a missionary and I testify of God and His son, Jesus Christ.

Enjoy some pictures from the week. :)

Narrow Spanish side streets.

























Paella! When I get back I will make you all paella. All you need to do is invite me over to your kitchen. 
















We ate a granada (Spanish word for pomegranate) in Granada!
























My Dad is the best. He sent me pink BYU pijama pants with hearts on them.






















Pazooki!

And to make your week better, here's a picture of your favorite missionary in Spain with a baby kitten. :)








Love, Hermana Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment