Tuesday, September 27, 2016

September 19th-September 26th, 2016

Hello! 

Thanks for all the postcards I got from the camping trip with the little kids!

Well we changed our preparation day to today because we are going to Alicante to go to a museum. I'll write more about that next week. :) It's been a good week this week and we've done a lot of contacting in hopes of finding more people to share the Gospel of Christ with.


Last Monday we played volleyball and basketball at the church in the courts they have outside. Then we celebrated the 18th of September (Chilean's independence day!!) by making completos. Then we went shopping downtown and topped off the day with frozen yogurt.









Monday night after nightly planning we had a jello slurping contest. I won. :) I know, I know I lead a wild life. 

Tuesday was a great day! We did an English fast and didn't speak any english the whole day! Sometimes my Spanish surprises me. Sometimes I'm sitting in a lesson and I realize 20 minutes in that I've been understanding every word. We had a missionary activity in the other hermana's area. 






On Wednesday we contacted SO MUCH. We talked, liked really talked to at least 40 people and invited them to hear more about what we believe. Out of the forty, 4 people accepted to hear from us again. So that's about the ratio... 10:1. Oh! I finished the New Testament and I've started in on the Old Testament. And I finished the Book of Mormon too. Scriptures are great!

On Thursday we went to go see a member who lives in the nursing home. She wasn't quite there and she thought we were her grandchildren so she was really happy. :) it works.

When I say we've been contacting a lot, I really mean it. Haha. I don't have much to say because we haven't had a lot of lessons, we spend most of the day walking and contacting. On Friday we had another successful contacting day and found a few people. In English class on we had 10 people in my class which is the most I've seen! 

We've been trying to take a picture every day and sometimes we just need to take one with a cat on a car.

On Saturday we knocked a lot of doors and only got yelled at once. :) On Sunday we had choir practice and then we sang at a baptism of an eight year old.


Hermana Højholdt, Hermana Gibson, Patricia and I. Patricia is the sweetest member and she is moving to England. Her English is perfect and we have had a lot of fun with her and her family.










My last time eating with Fina and Jaime. They are the most charitable people I have ever met!

I love you all so much! This week is my last one in Elche! Transfer calls are on Saturday and I'll see where I'm going not serve next!


GENERAL CONFERENCE IS COMING! We have the opportunity to hear from our latter day prophet Thomas S. Monson! Go listen to him!


Love, Hermana Moore









No comments:

Post a Comment