Monday, July 25, 2016

July 18th-July 24th, 2016

Well, it has been another week of small miracles and tender mercies from my Heavenly Father. I hit some hurdles this week and feelings of inadequacy but it turned out to be a great week!

I'm trying to make these letters home realistic and share my miracles I encounter in midst of the hard times. Missionary work is hard but the miracles make it worth it.


Last Monday we went to Marina (our investigator)'s house and I had her trim my hair. She had a cosmetology degree in Bolivia and I want to trim my hair every once in awhile so I can grow it out for my whole mission. It's not a noticeable change but it was still nice to get it cut.

Tuesday was an interesting day for me. I really enjoyed district meeting and loved Elder Fumero's (new district leader) discussion about our area books. Every time we teach someone we write it down and write down how the person reacted to the lesson as a reference point for future missionaries. We are working on getting them up to Preach My Gospel standards and I'm excited to work with it more.


After district meeting I kind of hit a wall and kind of had a blah couple of days. It has been a frustrating week and we have very few people who are willing to meet with us. I felt as though planning for the next day just meant filling time, which is obviously not how it is supposed to be.

Saturday is where the miracles came in. First of all, we were invited to eat lunch with a lady from our ward who is from Uruguay but also lived in Utah for 5 years. Her English is perfect and she made ispancakes, eggs, potatoes, and BACON. Or at least as close to bacon as you can get here. ;) As we say around her table and talked about her job and family I caught a glimpse of how different it would be to be in an English speaking mission! So that was a huge tender mercy.


Our plans for Saturday afternoon looked pretty sad and several of our plans fell through right before mediodia ended. We were disappointed and as I said the prayer as we left our apartment.  I prayed that we would find something meaningful to do. We passed by the house of a menos activo who we haven't seen in a long time but like usual, he wasn't home. As we turned to leave, we heard someone say "Hermanas! Ven! Les doy agua!" (Hermanas! I'll give you water!)  As we looked across the street we see a woman from a member family poking her head out the door. We went and she gave us water and the banana bread they had just made. They accidentally burned it but you know you're a missionary when you say to your companion: "well, it was burnt and really could be used some more sugar, but other than that it was good!"


As we sat down to share a scripture and a thought, I was already so grateful for them and for God for working through them. After we shared the scripture I thanked them for allowing us to visit with them for a minute and that they had been the answer to our prayer. Then, one of them looked us in the eyes and he said, "Hermanas, this is just God showing you that He hasn't forgotten about you." That sentence touched my heart and I was filled with gratitude. Maybe this member family who reads their scriptures every day didn't particularly NEED the message we shared with them, but God knew that we needed the message that God gave us through their words and kindness. The Lord never forgets us. Saturday was such a happy day.


This Sunday was the best Sunday I have had during my whole mission. I felt as though every talk in Sacrament meeting was given for ME. It was just what I needed to hear about the things we as members need to do in order for God to put in His part. Our stake president spoke and said something that touched me in particular. As he spoke about his own mission and realized he was worrying too much about his own will instead of the Lord's will he said in a simple prayer, "Señor me da igual, solo quiero servirte". (Lord, it doesn't matter to me, I only want to serve thee." I needed to hear that this week. I needed a reminder of why I'm here on my mission. I'm here to do the Lord's will; I'm here to serve Him. If His will means having some citas fall through and having few peopleto visit, then He knows best.


I love being a missionary. I love this work. I love my tender Heavenly Father. We are children of a merciful Father who knows exactly what each of us go through.


A few days ago Elder Fumero called us and said he had district meeting assignments to give us the following day. He said that I wouldn't be having to lead a workshop for sure. I told him, "ya estoy list para cualquier cosa" (Basically, bring it on) and then he starts yelling in English: what a machineeeee. Hahaa. So sure enough, the next day he called and assigned me a 25 minute assignment about inspired questions. I'm so excited.

My iPad always corrects nephew to Nephi. I'm a Mormon. :)

So Dad asked me if it's ever not 90°F here and the answer is no. It's always hot here. I have a really great picture on my camera that I'll send home next week.

Love, Hermana Moore

My district:































We made PAELLAAAAAA this week for lunch! I'm so excited to come home and make it for you all. :)

Elche is known for its palm trees. 


















Yay MISSIONARIES. 



















































This week I did some adulty things like installing new smoke and CO detectors.
















1. I'm getting so tan here and have some sick tan lines.



2. It's so hot. This is after 2 hours of proselyting in the morning.













3. Another paella picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment