Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Arrived at the MTC

My pday (Preparation Day) here at the MTC will be on Thursday but I will not have one this week. So I will not be able to email again until the 19th of May.The flight was long but everything went well and I met up with some missionaries in Frankfurt who were going to the Spain Missionary Training Center (MTC) to finish their training for learning Russian. I could not have been happier to see elders with name tags! There were 5 elders and one sister all going to Moscow and St. Petersburg. 

I´m at the MTC in Madrid now and today I have the whole day to just relax and catch up from the flight. This email is pretty frazzled because I´m so excited to be here! I am so HAPPY here! 

We just had a meeting with the MTC president (Presidente Packer) and his wife. I played the piano and we sang Nearer My God to Thee in Spanish and the Russian speakers sang in Russian. I can feel the president´s love already and am so excited to learn from him. I am with two other sisters who grew up speaking Spanish with their parents and a bunch of elders from Peru, Uruguay, etc. I think they will be my district. Tonight we will have interviews with the president to be assigned a companion. We will eat dinner and get to bed early. Tomorrow we will have an introductory meeting to teach us about the MTC and all the rules. 

A neat thing about the Spain MTC is that it is super small compared to the Provo one. There are only about 80 beds and they aren´t all filled so I´ll get to know a lot of people outside my district. I am so at peace being here and I´m not nervous at all because I know this is where I need to be! I am excited to practice my Spanish and get better at it. The Madrid temple is literally right out my window and it is gorgeous! Thursday is also temple day and and I am so excited. I have to go to my interview now but I will email next Thursday


I love you all! I am happy and am where I need to be! This is going to be the best and hardest things that has ever happened to me but I can´t wait! Lots of love! -Hermana Moore


And this ...


There is good bread here! It makes me so happy! All the food is Spanish. :) I´ve eaten paella, churros con chocolate and a lot of other things I don´t know the name of. And yes, they do have a big jar of nutella too.

No comments:

Post a Comment