Monday, November 28, 2016

November 22nd-November 28th, 2016

It has been such a wonderful week! It has been full of turkey,
miracles, and open doors. What more could a missionary ask for?

The week started out by me figuring out more things I need to improve
on. I want to focus more on the basics so I can be a better teacher.
As a missionary, I set a lot of goals which is great because I get to
constantly improve and adjust.

We had a few main miracles this week and I want to focus on them
instead of just my day to day life.

After a lot of work, God has decided to give His two little
missionaries in Granada a whole bunch of blessings all at once! Kathi
is one of our investigators and she is just awesome. She is coming out
of a really big trial in her life and it has changed her from being a
defensive investigator who asked questions to trip us up, to an
investigator who keeps her commitments! She is reading in the Book of
Mormon and praying and coming to church! We had a good lesson about
baptism a few days ago and we talked about why it is necessary. We
asked her if she wanted to follow Christ's example and be baptized and
she said yes! We extended a date and she thought it was too soon so we
invited her to pray to know when she should be baptized! So we're
hoping she'll be able to be baptized in December! The Gospel of Christ
is truly changing her life! I realize now that this paragraph has a
lot of exclamation marks but I'm just so excited!!!

Next miracle: Once upon a time a wonderful member from our ward
invited a friend to church. Her name is Karen and she has come to
church two times already. She has started reading in the Book of
Mormon and has a real thirst for the word of God! She LOVES church and
she is just a ray of sunshine. She participates in the classes and she
is so eager to learn. The elders taught her once and two days ago we
re-drew the lines for our areas and so Karen now lives in our area! So
we get to teach her! I am so excited to get to know her more and teach
the restored gospel of Jesus Christ to her!

Next miracle: Thanksgiving. It's obviously an American holiday but us
missionaries just had to celebrate. One problem is that we are in
Spain and they don't sell turkeys. Or so we thought... On Wednesday
night the elders called us and said "Hermanas. We are here in this
store staring a big 18 pound, saran wrapped turkey in the face, are
you in?" YES. So on Thursday we all went to the church and cooked a
big turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy! The elders did a really good
job cooking and seasons that turkey! So we had a good time! I did miss
pie and cranberry sauce and rolls though.

Next miracle: *Full disclosure: this is a real live mission
experience. Don't be surprised or offended. This is my real life.* We
were contacting on Saturday in the pouring rain and were feeling kind
of useless. I prayed and asked for God to use me to answer someone
else's prayer. We decided to knock a building. The door was locked so
I picked a random buzzer but no one answered. I tried a few others and
still didn't get a response. Then one answered! A little girl answered
and I said that we were missionaries and wanted to share a scripture
about prayer. She said "uhhh okay!" And buzzed us up! We scrambled up
those stairs so fast! Except for I thought they lived in 2°6 instead
of 2°8. A man in his bathrobe answered and said "You can't come in.
I'm naked." We were pretty flabbergasted... so we rang 2°8 and that
was the right door! We knocked on the door and a mom (Mari Luz) of two
girls answered. I introduced ourselves and asked if it'd be okay if we
shared a scripture with them. I shared one from the Book of a Mormon
and testified that God loves us. I felt the Spirit and the three of
them were listening intently! They said we could come back a different
day to share more! God prepared them to listen to us! It was so cool
and a real answer to my prayer. We will try to visit them this next
week and see if it's their time to accept the Gospel into their lives.

God is real and He answers prayers. :) have a wonderful week! Look for
the small miracles in your everyday life. They are there.

Love, Hermana Moore

Enjoy some pictures!

My first mission Thanksgiving! L to R: Elders Boston, Köhler, Kroff, Hermana Twede and I, and Elder Egbert. 

How many missionaries does it take to cook a turkey? 🦃 
Sometimes our phone calls with our district leader get a little monotonous.

Love, Hermana Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment