Monday, November 21, 2016

November 15th-November 21st, 2016

Hola friolas!

Another week has come and gone and I'm not really sure where it went!

On Tuesday we got up early and headed to the bus station because it
was transfer week. Granada is a city a lot of missionaries pass
through to get to their new areas. We were in a temporary trio with a
Hermana Hooper who passed through on the way to Cartagena. We did a
lot of contacting and found a promising woman named Marcela. Then we
had a few lessons that night.

On Wednesday we taught Kathi, our investigator again. :) We talked
about the Atonement and the peace we can feel when we apply it to our
lives. :) We had two failed lessons Wednesday night and that left both
of us frustrated so we decided we needed to contact. We said a prayer
to know where to go. We received different revelation on the direction
and so we made a route that incorporated both of them. As I was saying
the prayer I felt we'd be able to get two futures (future=a person we
talk to who agree to give us their phone number for future contact)
that night if we worked hard. We talked with tons of people and sure
enough, we got two futures! We found one on the street I had chosen
and the other on the street Hermana Twede had chosen! So that was
cool.
Wednesday night we made pazooki and made goals for the transfer. I
want to work on being more diligent so I'll have a focus every week
and hopefully I'll be able to be even more diligent in this work!

On Friday morning we went to go do service at the clothing place
again. We got two new elders this transfer! Elder Egbert from Utah and
Elder Kroff from CHILE! We'll have a good time this transfer! On
Friday night after English and meeting with our ward mission leader,
Jonathan opened his mission call! He's going to Barcelona and I
couldn't be more excited to him! He was only baptized last December
but he is such a strong member! He'll leave in January so I'll be here
for his farewell. He's going to do incredible things.

On Saturday my ward had a talent show. The 6 missionaries sang the
hymn Oh, My Father to the tune of Come Thou Fount and it turned out
well. One of the members did a comedy bit and so he was speaking
really fast but I understood everything! So that was a good pat on the
back for my Spanish. The ward had an impromptu dance part once the
show was over and the six of us just sat there trying not to dance! It
was torture!

On Sunday all of the talks during Sacrament were focused on missionary
work. All the missionaries sang the mission hymn and I gave a talk! I
talked about what a good missionary Mom was and how important it was
for my Dad's conversion for her to keep living the principles of the
Gospel after her mission. I think it turned out pretty well.

Today is p-day and we went and bought tickets to tour the Alhambra on
December 12th. We are all super excited for that!

I think that's about it for this week. Here's a few pictures. Love you
all! Enjoy your turkey!

Grass doesn't exist here in Spain but we found some!

























Our temporary trio. Hermana Hooper, Hermana Twede and I.






















Jonathan's mission call!

Love, Hermana Moore




No comments:

Post a Comment