Monday, June 20, 2016

June 13-17...Additional

Hello friends! I'm learning so much on my mission and I just wanted to share some of the biggest things I've learned this week. I didn't include this in my weekly email in as much detail because I don't want to smother my non-member friends with spiritual talk. Hahaha. But I can smother you. :)

After 19 years in this wonderful Church I think I finally figured out this whole prayer thing. In the bible dictionary it reads that prayer is: "a form of work and is an appointed means for obtaining the highest of all blessings." Prayers have to be sincere-- the early-morning-I-just-rolled-out-of-bed prayers don't count. (I'm guilty) The form of work that is required happens when I humble myself before God. He is ready and willing to comfort me, strengthen me, lift me, and give me revelation. He can do anything! He cares about me and He really listens. Prayer can really yield endless blessings! I feel like prayer is a phone and I've been holding it upside down and
backwards until now. I say 10-15 prayers every day and Heavenly Father listens intently to each one. Yesterday I was feeling grumpy and so I kneeled down and prayed and it disappeared. God had time for ME! One of His countless little sister missionaries. I pray during lessons for investigators to understand. I pray for help. The other week I was explaining baptisms for the dead and our investigator was confused about how we know if our ancestors "accept" the baptism or not. I was at a loss for words, Spanish ones at least, and so I prayed and then
explained in simple terms. "Imagine I make a sandwich for my companion. I leave it on the table and tell her she can take it if she wants it. But if she doesn't want it to just leave it on the table." Our investigator laughed and then said now I get it! Prayer is so cool.

Have you ever read The Fourth Missionary by Elder Lawrence E Corbridge? Well I read it a few days ago and it is SUCH a good missionary talk!

It made me think about what kind of missionary I want to be and I've reflected a lot about why I'm here. There are so many reasons God wants me to be here. One of them is so He can shape me into a better person. He started this shaping process by allowing me to grow up with such wonderful loving parents and family. You've helped me to become a happy, loving smart person. Now the Lord is putting me through the refiner's fire. He wants me to be obedient and Christlike and rely on Him. The best way for me to develop these attributes is to have me here in Spain. I want to be the Fourth missionary. I want to serve with all my heart, might, mind and strength. I want to have my goals and plans for life coincide with those of my Heavenly Father. I want to return home with honor, knowing that I gave the Lord every ounce of me.

Going back to prayer, the day I read this talk, I prayed to God and resigned myself to do His will. A tremendous feeling of peace and happiness washed over me and I felt how proud my Father is of me. I am trusting in Him because He can make me so much stronger than I could ever be. I found out a few days ago that I'll be leaving Spain around November 30th 2017. That means I get to serve for 18 months and 20 days!! Because I was on the native track I get to serve for 13 transfers instead of 12. :)

I love you all dearly and pray for you lots!

Love, Hermana Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment