Monday, December 12, 2016

December 6th-December 12th, 2016

Well... I just typed out my whole email and then it got deleted and I
have 13 minutes left. sorry! I'll send out two weekly emails next
week!

Love, Hermana Moore

Hello friends!

We had some good lessons this week and Hermana Twede and I have been teaching well together. We have also done a lot of contacting too.

Monday was just wonderful because I got a package from my favorite German Carolin that had 24 presents inside so now I get to open a present every day until Christmas! So that just brightens my day every day. Carolin is the best. 

On Thursday we had a lesson with Mari Luz! (The miracle woman with two daughters we found knocking doors) she and her daughters are so cute and we had a basic this-is-what-missionaries-do lesson and then showed a video about Christ. The girls (6 and 11) were so excited about it. Her husband is in Bolivia until January but he has talked with the missionaries before and he reads from the Book of Mormon  sometimes! So there could be some big miracles coming soon! Mari Luz agreed to let us come back next week!

We had zone meeting and we talked a lot about goals and overcoming weaknesses with the Atonement. Goals are so important if you actually want to SEE improvement in your life. They need to be measurable and achievable to be useful.

We taught the Law of Chastity to Kathi and it was one of the coolest lessons I've ever taught. It was taught completely by the Spirit and we said everything plainly and directly like it needed to be said. A few months ago I would've been scared to lose an investigator by saying something too straightforwardly but I realize that it's how it has to be. We can't beat around the bush or hide the parts of our doctrine that are sometimes hard to understand. Anyways, the Spirit is the real teacher.

On Saturday I hit SEVEN months! Saturday night there was a Christmas concert in the church building. Every year the church holds the Granada band/orchestra and choirs for them to put on a concert. The church was packed and there were 600 people who came! And the coolest part of it all was that Elder Egbert (one of the missionaries serving here) had done choir all growing up and he sang a solo accompanied by the band! The conductor realized the day before that he didn't have. Soldier for it so a member recommended Elder Egbert. Well, he just so happens to have a killer voice so he blew everyone away!

Today (Monday the 12th) we finally went to the Alhambra! You'll have to go google it because we didn't get a guided tour so I still have no idea what the history of it is. Baha. But what I DO know is that I have 500 ish super cool pictures from our time there! So enjoy. :) Last week I tried to send too many pictures and my iPad freaked out and shut down do I guess I'll just send a few. ;)

Have a wonderful week! I've been reflecting a lot about the birth of Christ and how incredibly humble it was. He is the King of kings and Lord of lords but He was born in a stable. A stable! He then went on to live a perfect, humble life full of service! We have a lot of improving to do to acquire the attributes He has! Think about what YOU can improve on and DO IT! With Christ's help, we can be perfected. 

Lots of pretty colors and cool designs.

















Aren't we so cute! I love Hermana Twede. ❤️ 



Love, Hermana Moore

No comments:

Post a Comment